Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Political Action

Well. This country. The grand old United States of America. Well, not so much. To me, it seems at least.

For the past few months, the once defunct and thought dead health care debate has once again rose up and started rearing it’s ugly head again. This time, however, it has turned into an all out war between the two parties and idealists, between people who think this is bettering the country or people who thinks your killing everything this country once and now stands for. I am one of the few people in between these camps.

Mr. President Obama, we are in the middle of a recession that is getting worse and worse every time I look. I have been out of a job for a year and a half due to no fault of my own, and my Dad has been out of work for about a year or so now. And yet, despite campaign promises, you have yet to really pass anything that has helped this country out. Sure, you passed the stimulus package that maybe helped some people, but not people like this family. You have been focusing alot more of your time on healthcare. While I do believe that hey, we may need to kick the system in the but and get it moving again, your doing so in such a fashion that seems more like your taking out the heart of the old system, putting in a new one, and sealing everything up with duct tape and pray to God it works.

Now, I am not an Obama hater. I am completely neutral towards the man- I believe he can do good, even great, things, but unforutnately, it is getting harder and harder for me to stay neutral when he keeps focusing on things that are, at the moment, not that important. I compare it to this: It’s the equivalent of a nuclear weapon being detonated on this soil, by some crazy radical group who hates this country, and the current president going: “WE MUST FOCUS ON IMMIGRATION.” It’s despicable.

So, this is what I’m gonna do. I’m gonna write. I’m gonna write to every single politician that represents me in Washington, in Olympia. I will call them, email them, write them letters. Even if it takes a time longer than I thought it would, I’m going for it. Just a note, I’m thinking of maybe 3-6 months before anything goes on. So, I’ll be having fun. Join me, won’t you?

[Via http://kevinmac92.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment